117 Cherry St. Seattle, Wa. 98104
(206) 587 - 5737
Open: 10 - 5 Monday - Saturday, 12 - 5 Sunday
Flight from Mayhem (Mass Market Paperbound)
Have you seen that internet meme that says something like "I'd tackle my problems one at a time but they refuse to line up"? That sums up Shimmer's life in Yasmine Galenorn's second "Fly By Night" book, Flight From Mayhem (Berkley, $7.99, ). Here's what she's facing, in no particular order:
- She's dating the boss, always a sticky situation, especially since he's also her parole officer.
- There's a salamander - a Komodo-sized one from the Fire Elemental plane - running around the University of Washington.
- The house across the street from her is haunted. Badly. And it's drawing Shimmer in.
- One of Bette's friends has gone missing, an aging Fae who's just fallen for a young thing. A gold digger? Or worse?
- Her friend Tonya from Port Townsend is an emotional wreck and is being stalked.
- Oh, and about dating the boss? His ex has decided that she doesn't like Alex's relationship with Shimmer, and will do anything she can to break them up. Anything.
Shimmer's still trying to adapt to life in the human realm and cope without having all her dragon powers, so these problems are overwhelming to say the least. But Shimmer's got gumption and a dragon's tenacity about rising to a challenge!
One of the great things about Flight From Mayhem is how seamlessly it overlaps into the Otherworld series. Several of the characters from that series make appearances here, and if you've been reading about the D'Artigo sisters (and you have, haven't you?) you'll hear what's NOT being said, which is definite fun!
As always, though, it's the characters. Not just Shimmer, who's obviously great, but the others make Flight From Mayhem an ensemble work. I just love Bette and Chai and poor dear Ralph, who has his own problems. Once again, Yasmine Galenorn proves she's the mistress of fantastical mayhem and wonderful, complex and delightful people!— Fran
"New York Times" bestselling author Yasmine Galenorn presents the second Fly by Night novel, set in the realm of the Otherworld.
"I'm Shimmer, a blue dragon shifter. Thanks to a mistake, I was exiled from the Dragon Reaches and sentenced to work for gorgeous, exasperating Alex Radcliffe, a vampire who owns the Fly by Night Magical Investigations Agency. Every time I turn around, somebody's trying to kill us. But you know what they say: All's fair in love and bounty hunting..."
A serial killer is stalking the elderly Fae of Seattle, draining their bank accounts before brutally murdering them. When Chase Johnson asks for our help, Alex and I discover that the sociopath is also a shifter able to change shape to match his victim's deepest desires. Our friend and colleague Bette volunteers to act as bait, but the plan goes dangerously awry. Now, unless we find her first, she's about to face her worst nightmare.
About the Author
Yasmine Galenorn is the "New York Times" bestselling author of the Otherworld novels, including "Panther Prowling," "Priestess Dreaming," "Crimson Veil," and "Autumn Whispers." She is also the author of the Fly by Night series, which includes "Flight from Death," and the Whisper Hollow series, including "Autumn Thorns."